deutsch englisch

Real Cologne roots

The PJ Schulz GmbH was founded in 1938 by Peter Josef Schulz in Cologne. Since then our single-member company changed into a medium GmbH. Our sustainable business strategy has proven successful so that we can now look back on a 70-year long history.


Contact

P.J. Schulz GmbH
Technical Wholesale
Wikingerstraße 70
D-51107 Köln

Phone: +49 (221) 98660-0
Fax: +49 (221) 98660-9 / 19
E-Mail:info@pjschulz.de

A story of success

The PJ Schulz GmbH was founded in 1938 by Peter Josef Schulz in Cologne. Since then our single-member company changed into a medium GmbH. Our sustainable business strategy has proven successful so that we can now look back on a 70-year long history. The success is due to our employees and costumers. The name P. J. Schulz stands nowadays in the region for technical expertise in the offered product lines.

Foundation

The world at the beginning of the 20th Century, Germany experienced several major upheavals. Peter Josef Schulz was a short time in his entrepreneurial efforts when the sudden start of the 2nd World War slowed him down. In 1943 he lost his office due to fire damage. This should not prevent him to reopen his company in Cologne immediately after the war ended in 1945 to accompany from now to the economic prosperity of the region with the establishment of the company. The headquarter was moved to Cologne Rath.

Technical progress

On one hand, the first years were marked by growing companies in the region in and around Cologne, on the other hand, by not restored infrastructure, so that the delivery of our products sometimes had to be carried out by tram with the goods on the shoulder. The following decades the company consistently improved and P. J. Schultz constantly expanted the range. In 1951 the first son, Engelbert Schulz joined the company. In 1972 his brother Ferdinand Schulz followed who then left the company in 1998. In the early 80´s Herbert und Wolfgang Schulz joined the company who then drastically influenced the fortunes of the company. Besides the pure trade with technical products, the first stanza for the production of flat gaskets was purchased. For the first time the company went above and beyond. The company moved into a larger building.

Expansion

Beginning in 2000 a rapid expansion of one of the most modern production units for the manufacture of flat gaskets started. At the same time the range was enlarged through the assambly of ready hose lines and the warehousing of pre-and trading products was expanded. In 2005, the Birzle KG, a reputable company in Cologne incorporated into our company. Concurrent the number of employees increased.

Our Team

Corporate culture and leadership determine the company's success.

more informations

Strong partners

Who workes with strong partners, can achieve more.

more informations

How to find us

FIND_US_TEXT

more informations